UPDATED – 03/12/19 – Added instructions and AIO pack for Non Nav models
UPDATED – 18/11/19 – Added separate sections for UK, EU and the newly added US section.
UPDATED – 17/11/19 – Moved to 19101 as considered more stable, reworded guide.
UPDATED – 11/10/19 – Nav voice fixed and simplified method added.
Unfortunately older hardware versions of the Sync 3 APIM are not officially compatible with versions of sync after i believe 18025.
Thanks to all the Russian guys over at https://ffclub.ru/topic/418797/ and a leaked ford flashing/formatting tool we have a solution.
Thanks to Terry on the Diesel ST Facebook Group for bringing this procedure to my attention.
NOTE: BY FOLLOWING THE BELOW GUIDE YOU TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY OCCUR, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS. I HAVE TESTED THIS ON MY OWN CAR AND I KNOW OF A FEW OTHERS WHO HAVE ALSO DONE SO WITH NO ISSUE. FOR REFERENCE I HAVE A FORD FOCUS 2015 WITH A RETROFITTED FORD SYNC 3.0 FROM A FORD KUGA. EU NAVIGATION MODEL.
NOTE 2: ONCE YOU HAVE UPGRADED TO THIS YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY UNLIKELY TO BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO 3.0, I HAVE READ POSTS FROM SOME PEOPLE WHO SUPPOSEDLY HAVE REVERTED HOWEVER I CAN’T BE SURE ON THIS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, NOW SHALL WE CONTINUE?
I have provided 2 methods for preparing the second USB, method 1 will literally involve downloading a couple of zips with all the required configuration already setup, however if you prefer to download the files directly from ford you can follow method 2.
- 1 USB at-least 1GB and another which is at least 16GB (UK) or 32GB (EU).
- A car with Ford Sync 3 installed, if you have the old 4 quadrant sync 2 system you are out of luck.
Prepare the First USB
- Download this file
- Format the smaller of the 2 USB drives as FAT32 in windows by right clicking the drive in This PC and pressing Format… and then make sure it’s set to FAT32 and press Start.
- Extract the autoinstall.zip file to the root of the USB, it should look like this.
- Safely remove the USB and unplug it from your computer. we now need to prepare the second USB.