Introduction and Prerequisites
Just thought I would tell you how to root your Xperia Play no matter what version of android your are on.
For this guide i will be using official firmware xx.xx.xx.62 which will be flashed via wotan.
After flashing your ROM.
- Depending on your ROM, download a appopiate kernel with recovery and auto root. for this i will be using Doomlord's Advanced stock kernel.
- Once downloaded extract to your fastboot folder (check my other guides for a small fastboot package)
- Run fastboot.exe via cmd or use the run_me.bat file
- Connect your phone to your computer while switched off and while the search (may be different for other devices) key is being pressed5. When Blue LED switches on type
fastboot flash boot FILENAME.img
- where the file-name is the name of the downloaded file. e.g.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- type in the below command
- your phone should reboot and you should now have superuser and SU.
Enjoy your rooted phone.