Flashing A FTF File Using Flashtool
Here is a guide on how to flash a FTF (official firmware) to the Xperia Play using Flashtool. You do not need to have a modified or unlocked phone for this to work for you.
Flashing the FTF
- Download and install the Flashtool package and download and extract the R800i_4.0.2.A.0.58_Enhanced.zip.
- Next go to where you installed flashtool and then to the drivers folder.
- Run the Flashtool-drivers.exe file.
- select "your drivers", flashmode and fastboot drivers.
- Accept all the prompts and once finished load flashtool
- Now select flashmode and click the "..." button
- Select your FTF file from the left side and keep "exclude kernel" checked then press "OK"
- Switch your phone off and press and hold the back button while connecting usb lead (Green LED)
- It should start flashing and once done will say "Complete", Reboot and your done.
Congratulations you have now successfully flashed a FTF file using flashtool.