VSX Volume started of as a simple application to hijack the volume control keys (Vol Up, Vol Down, Mute) to control your Pioneer VSX AVR via telnet instead of the computer volume., it has now become much more with automated commands on startup and exit of the application (including logoff/shutdown and sleep/resume)
It now also has a on screen volume control and power button.
The program works on command line arguments so be sure to check the documentation.
Most models that support telnet on port 8102 will work with this application, if some features don’t work on your particular model please let post a reply in the forum.
This application relies entirely on command line arguments. it requires at least the following to work.
- /ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ( e.g. /ip=192.168.1.11 ) – IP address of your Pioneer VSX Receiver
It also supports many more which are listed below, these are all optional.
- /oncommands=xx,xx,xx ( e.g. /oncommands=PO,19FN,MZ) – this is a comma separated list of telnet commands to send to your AVR when the application starts, this example does the following “Power On”, “Input to 19FN”, “Toggles Mute”
- /offcommands=xx,xx,xx ( e.g. /offcommands=PO,19FN,MZ) – this is a comma separated list of telnet commands to send to your AVR when the application exits (shutdown/log-off), this example does the following “Power On”, “Input to 19FN”, “Toggles Mute”
- /osd – This will automatically show the OSD when ever a change is detected on the AVR, if you don’t add this option you can still view the OSD by clicking the icon in the notification tray.
/hidesplash – this will hide the “VSX Remote Cyanlabs 2017” splash shown when osd is enabled, this will barely be noticeable if you have /oncommands set(Removed as of version 126.96.36.199)
- /p – this makes the /oncommands and /offcommands work on resume and sleep as well as startup and shutdown.
- /nokeybinds – disables the keyboard hook that allows the keyboard volume keys to control the AVR
- /screen=X – added in v188.8.131.52, allows you to force which screen the OSD will show on. Due to .NET limitations the number for your screen may not match the order windows shows so you may need to try a couple of times to get your desired monitor. it starts at 1.
- /defaultinput=XXXX ( e.g. /defaultinput=06FN) this allows to quickly return to your chosen ‘default’ input by pressing the square button next to the power button on the OSD or by pressing Shift + Pause/Break
- /x=### ( e.g. /x=100) this allows you to set the X position of the application. if not set it will default to bottom right corner.
- /y=### ( e.g. /y=100) this allows you to set the Y position of the application. if not set it will default to bottom right corner.
The application allows you to use Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute and Pause/Break to control basic functions of your AVR
- Volume Up – Master Volume Up
- Volume Down – Master Volume Down
- Mute – Master Volume Mute
- Pause/Break – Master Power Toggle
- Shift + Pause/Break – Activate Default IInput
you can override the hijack by pressing the CTRL key and the relevant key
The application contains a built in updater (version 184.108.40.206+) which gives you the option to download the update now, later or skip the version completely, you can also right click the notification tray icon to check manually.