Forum

VSX Volume  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS
Fma965
(@admin)
Member Admin

OK i might have figured out the issue with your crash, i have HDZone on always, when HDZone is off power takes longer to respond. hopefully fixed in next version.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 7:39 pm
hordur
(@hordur)
Eminent Member

i updated to v2.2 but it wont run for me..

I get a Microsoft .NET framework error, mentioning a connection attempt that failed because the connected party failed to respond in time.

------------------ERROR MSG BELOW---------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.16:8102
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at VSX_Volume.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
VSX Volume
Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.2.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/AdditionalSys/Program/VSX%20Volume/VSX%20Volume.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8686 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5488 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5494 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WindowsHookLib
Assembly Version: 1.1.1.3
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.7
CodeBase: file:///D:/AdditionalSys/Program/VSX%20Volume/WindowsHookLib.DLL
AutoUpdater.NET
Assembly Version: 1.3.2.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.2.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/AdditionalSys/Program/VSX%20Volume/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 8:25 pm
Fma965
(@admin)
Member Admin

i updated to v2.2 but it wont run for me.. I get a Microsoft .NET framework error, mentioning a connection attempt that failed because the connected party failed to respond in time. ——————ERROR MSG BELOW——————— See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.16:8102

Hi, There isn't anything wrong my end with this, it's most likely some sort of firewall or AV issue or you can no longer connect to your AVR for some reason, using putty or telnet telnet in to 192.168.1.16 port 8102 and see what happens.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 8:29 pm
hordur
(@hordur)
Eminent Member

I finally found the error... For some reason the AVR had dropped its network connection...
After a full power cycle (pulled power cable) it popped back online and now the v.2.2 is working just fine. 🙂
That also solved those .net errors i was having, havent had a single error since the AVR came online.

I removed the /osd but i still get the OSD onscreen, is this deliberate?
It also pops out each time the PC plays audio, as soon as the audio starts, the OSD pops up,hanging around for a few seconds before it is hidden again.

..this feature might become quite annoying while youtubing or similar, when the PC doesnt have constant audio output..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2017 9:38 pm
Fma965
(@admin)
Member Admin

I finally found the error… For some reason the AVR had dropped its network connection… After a full power cycle (pulled power cable) it popped back online and now the v.2.2 is working just fine. ???? That also solved those .net errors i was having, havent had a single error since the AVR came online.

Great glad to hear it 😀 it's funny when you think about it as you previously suggested that to me a few weeks/months ago.

I removed the /osd but i still get the OSD onscreen, is this deliberate? It also pops out each time the PC plays audio, as soon as the audio starts, the OSD pops up,hanging around for a few seconds before it is hidden again. ..this feature might become quite annoying while youtubing or similar, when the PC doesnt have constant audio output..

the OSD will show when the icon is clicked regardless of /osd, again i can't repeat your experience with it popping up everytime the PC plays audio, and it only ever shows when i press a hotkey or click the icon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 12:24 am
hordur
(@hordur)
Eminent Member

hehe yeah, power cycle is a problem solver, thats for sure.. 🙂
Regarding the OSD, should it show when hotkeys are pressed if /osd is not present?

Its a bit wierd that you arent able to reproduce..
Im using "forced" surround sound from pc, that when multiple apps use the optical output, they should default to 5.1 surround.
So when my AVR isnt rescieving any audio, the speakers symbol in the display goes away.
When i play audio from PC when the AVR hadn´t had a audio stream for a while, the speaker icon gets lit (to show surround sound) and the OSD pops up.

The speaker icon im talking about is on the left side of the text-part that covers the middle of the AVR display.

Its like the AVR hadnt any "real" input, and when "changing" to "active" input, the OSD reacts by showing itself..

But again, we are using slightly different setups, both on pc and on AVR, so im not extremely surprised that we can see different behavours.
For what its worth, im not using HDZone (or any multizone), my win7 pc is connected with HDMI for video and optical toslink for audio (pc drops digital audio outputs if AVR is turned off then on again, forcing me to restart the PC to regain surround sound).

There might be other softwares in play here, but i cant see any relevance..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 10:39 am
Fma965
(@admin)
Member Admin

hehe yeah, power cycle is a problem solver, thats for sure.. ????
Regarding the OSD, should it show when hotkeys are pressed if /osd is not present?

No and it doesn't for me.

Im using “forced” surround sound from pc, that when multiple apps use the optical output, they should default to 5.1 surround.
So when my AVR isnt rescieving any audio, the speakers symbol in the display goes away.
When i play audio from PC when the AVR hadn´t had a audio stream for a while, the speaker icon gets lit (to show surround sound) and the OSD pops up.

I have no idea what "forced" surround sound is but i assume this is a feature of your sound card in your pc? again when i have no sound then have sound i don't get any popup. the only time i ever get the popup without /osd is when i click the icon.

The speaker icon im talking about is on the left side of the text-part that covers the middle of the AVR display.

Its like the AVR hadnt any “real” input, and when “changing” to “active” input, the OSD reacts by showing itself..

If i'm honest it still sounds like you have /OSD set in your shortcut as the OSD has no auto show function without /osd

But again, we are using slightly different setups, both on pc and on AVR, so im not extremely surprised that we can see different behavours.
For what its worth, im not using HDZone (or any multizone), my win7 pc is connected with HDMI for video and optical toslink for audio (pc drops digital audio outputs if AVR is turned off then on again, forcing me to restart the PC to regain surround sound).[/quote[
I use HDZONE but thats purely for my Xbox One and HDMI of my 4k Monitor, I use optical for the sound on PC just like you.

There might be other softwares in play here, but i cant see any relevance..

Any special software installed relating to audio that may cause a issue?

Sorry but i can't repeat these issues so i can't help further unfortunately, i would make sure /osd is defintely not set also what sound mode do you have set on your AVR? i use EXT.Stereo for the most part but i can change it to match yours should this be the issue. also what AVR do you have? i have a vsx-923 i doubt this matters too much though.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 11:48 am
hordur
(@hordur)
Eminent Member

Regarding the forced mode:
If you right click the volume control in taskbar, select playback devices.

Then right-click your sound output, select properties.

In the rightmost tab, Advanced you´ll find "Default format" dropdown menu, where you can select the default audio format, i have 5.1 DTS surround selected.

And yes, i did have /osd in one of the shortcuts.. i got one in startup items, and one in the start menu (for simpler launch) as well as one test in the app folder..

So its simply a case of looking in the wrong place...

And im using Auto Surround on my AVR, VSX 923.

So to clarify, now that i removed the /osd, the OSD does NOT pop out when audio is engaged.

..sorry for not checking the obvious before reporting a problem... :/

However, i just noticed something odd about the OSD, when i set volume to "-20.0dB", the OSD shows "-2>0dB".

-19.5 and -21.0 looks fine, but -20.5 shows as "-2>5dB".
Further investigation shows this behavour for all whole 10´s, -30.0dB and -40.0dB are affected the same way.
Im using swedish keyboard layout (on english windows) if that would make any difference..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 12:11 pm
Fma965
(@admin)
Member Admin

Regarding the forced mode: If you right click the volume control in taskbar, select playback devices. Then right-click your sound output, select properties. In the rightmost tab, Advanced you´ll find “Default format” dropdown menu, where you can select the default audio format, i have 5.1 DTS surround selected.

That explains why i can't cause the same issue, i dont have this option as this is soundcard/driver related.

And yes, i did have /osd in one of the shortcuts.. i got one in startup items, and one in the start menu (for simpler launch) as well as one test in the app folder.. So its simply a case of looking in the wrong place… And im using Auto Surround on my AVR, VSX 923. So to clarify, now that i removed the /osd, the OSD does NOT pop out when audio is engaged. ..sorry for not checking the obvious before reporting a problem… :/

No worries, i've done the same before when testing stuff all good.

However, i just noticed something odd about the OSD, when i set volume to “-20.0dB”, the OSD shows “-2>0dB”. -19.5 and -21.0 looks fine, but -20.5 shows as “-2>5dB”. Further investigation shows this behavour for all whole 10´s, -30.0dB and -40.0dB are affected the same way. Im using swedish keyboard layout (on english windows) if that would make any difference..

Yes i have also just noticed this, honestly i have no idea why it's doing that but i am looking in to it along with making sure the context menu is above the OSD aswell. It's also worth mentioning that the "(DD)" logo shows up weird as well but i'm not sure what to do about that as obviously that is a custom font in the actual AVR with those symbols.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 2:08 pm
hordur
(@hordur)
Eminent Member

running 2.2.1, working fine. 🙂

ive started disabling my virus program before i check for updates and ive found that its a MUCH smoother and more stable process without that darned antivirus...

A separate note, totally unrelated..
The email links in the forum thread update notifications works fine for most part, but it doesnt seem work on my android phone (v4.4.4)..

From what i understand, the .email.cyanlabs link connects to your server and then gets the correct URL to load?
In that case, something seems to block the android from rescieving the new link..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 3:04 pm
Fma965
(@admin)
Member Admin

running 2.2.1, working fine. ???? ive started disabling my virus program before i check for updates and ive found that its a MUCH smoother and more stable process without that darned antivirus… A separate note, totally unrelated.. The email links in the forum thread update notifications works fine for most part, but it doesnt seem work on my android phone (v4.4.4).. From what i understand, the .email.cyanlabs link connects to your server and then gets the correct URL to load? In that case, something seems to block the android from rescieving the new link..

Just added update to 2.3.0.0 sorry for high amount of updates

I am removing the email.cyanlabs.net links from emails shortly anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2017 6:24 pm
Fma965
(@admin)
Member Admin

Version 2.4.0.0 Released

Now allows you to choose which screen to show the OSD on

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2017 7:31 pm
hordur
(@hordur)
Eminent Member

Hey!
Sorry for keeping quiet for a while, been having loads of other issues on my home network..

To keep it short, i ended up installing windows 10..

But i have found yet another way for you to easily keep the vsx volume alive, by installing it as a service.

This would eliminate the need of a startup item as the service "daemon" would keep the app active, unless you ask it to stop.

I use a very neat app called NSSM (the Non-SuckingServiceManager) to install and manage my services (deluge for example), but i havent found a way to run the vsx volume as a service.
I do not know how your app works under the hood, nor do i know how the "arguments" option in the service installer works, but it might be something as simple as formatting the arguments string properly..

In any way, i suggest you take a look at it, as this services in windows appears to be available from windows 7 and up, possibly even earlier..

And prehaps the services argument options would replace the shortcut target options?
That way it wouldnt require a separate and user-maintained shortcut to save across app updates.

And regarding the windows 10 update, your app seems to work fine, after i got all the dependencies installed.
but its impossible to install the version numbers you listed earlier, i had to go for windows 10-compatible installers and your app nagged for version incompatibility for a while before windows update fixed it.
So a healthy, well updated windows 10 is actually not that unpleasant when you get the hang of it..

i can FINALLY write "cd d/program" and "ls" in cli and scroll in inactive windows by hovering the mouse on it, so im golden! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2017 1:49 pm
Fma965
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hey! Sorry for keeping quiet for a while, been having loads of other issues on my home network.. To keep it short, i ended up installing windows 10.. But i have found yet another way for you to easily keep the vsx volume alive, by installing it as a service. This would eliminate the need of a startup item as the service “daemon” would keep the app active, unless you ask it to stop. I use a very neat app called NSSM (the Non-SuckingServiceManager) to install and manage my services (deluge for example), but i havent found a way to run the vsx volume as a service. I do not know how your app works under the hood, nor do i know how the “arguments” option in the service installer works, but it might be something as simple as formatting the arguments string properly.. In any way, i suggest you take a look at it, as this services in windows appears to be available from windows 7 and up, possibly even earlier.. And prehaps the services argument options would replace the shortcut target options? That way it wouldnt require a separate and user-maintained shortcut to save across app updates. And regarding the windows 10 update, your app seems to work fine, after i got all the dependencies installed. but its impossible to install the version numbers you listed earlier, i had to go for windows 10-compatible installers and your app nagged for version incompatibility for a while before windows update fixed it. So a healthy, well updated windows 10 is actually not that unpleasant when you get the hang of it.. i can FINALLY write “cd d/program” and “ls” in cli and scroll in inactive windows by hovering the mouse on it, so im golden! ????

Hi, No worries with that 🙂

Unfortunately i can't make this a windows server due to no keyboard interaction from services, i've used NSSM previously. it's possible to do a service that controls the "daemon" but honestly i have no experience in that area.

I've had no issues at all with this application and windows 10 but i actually run Mac OSX (Hackintosh) on my system more than windows now so don't use the app all that much.

Wait is LS a command on windows now?

Thanks, Scott.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2017 12:08 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share:
Menu

Working

Please Login or Register